What can I bring?
- Casual attire (tasteful t-shirts, polos, jeans, casual shorts, khakis, etc.)
- Workout clothes (gym shorts, tennis shoes, etc.)
- Modest swimsuit
- Photo ID
- Personal hygiene items and toiletries
- Insurance card or sufficient payment to cover treatment costs
- Spending money (will be locked in a safe in the office)
- Personal music player with music preloaded (not wifi enabled)
- Prescription drugs with a script from your doctor (these will be kept in a safe in the office)
You can download a complete list of approved and prohibited items here.
- Any device with Internet access
- Immodest or revealing clothing
- Alcohol or non-prescription/illegal drugs
- Perfumes, colognes, mouthwash, or any product containing alcohol
- Outside snacks or beverages
- Inappropriate magazines, books, or videos with sexual content
- Guns, knives, fireworks, or any item commonly used as a weapon
How do I know if an IOP or PHP treatment facility is what my loved one needs?
Drug and alcohol addiction will cause changes to your loved one’s personality, decision making, behavior, and moods. Often, you’ll find that these changes begin to affect their financial health and relationships.
Signs that your loved one is in need of addiction therapy will include new behaviors that seem unhealthy or questionable. In any case, always trust your instincts. If something seems off, it may be an indication of a deeper problem.
What are some benefits of traveling away from home for addiction treatment?
Traveling away from home for addiction treatment can be a major factor in the success of the program. Being away from bad influences, relationships, stresses, family pressures, and other outside factors can mean the difference between success and failure of an addiction treatment program.
What’s more, being away from home allows patients to full focus on their recovery without the distractions of home-town life and worries. In any IOP or PHP treatment plan, clear focus is key to a patient’s recovery.
How long does the program last?
Each patient is different and requires different levels and extent of care. Insurance coverage is also a factor. However, usually, IOP or PHP treatment usually lasts between 14 and 30 days, with most people staying for a full month.
Can I bring spending money to treatment?
Yes, you may bring spending money to Recovery Coast. However, we insist on keeping your spending money in a safe in the office. All purchases during your stay with us must be approved by the Clinical Director or your Case Manager.
Can I send money to Recovery Coast for my loved one to make sure they don’t spend it before they arrive?
Yes, you can send a VISA prepaid gift card to the office at 340 16th Ave N, Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32250. Please include who the card is for and how much is on the card. The card will be stored in a safe in the office and all spending must be approved by the Clinical Director or your loved one’s Case Manager.